Terms & Conditions
1. About Us
AL Lintels is a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 02173261 whose registered office is at Weeping Ash Farm, North End Road, Yatton, Bristol, BS49 4AW.
AL Lintels are dedicated to achieving our customers’ complete satisfaction. Should you have any reason not to be satisfied, please contact us in the first instance via email email@example.com
2. These Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to a purchase by you of any of any goods on our website: www.albat.co.uk.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the contract for the purchase of any goods by you from us to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by law, trade customer, practice or course of dealing.
- Certain paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions will only apply where you are acting either in the course of a business, trade or profession (“Business Customer”) or as an individual consumer (“Non-Business Customer”). This will be clearly signposted in the relevant paragraphs.
- These Terms and Conditions will not apply to customers who have a credit account with us. If you are a credit account customer, please contact us by telephone on 01934 835447 to make an order.
3. Making A Purchase
- AL Lintels have made our online purchasing system as simple as possible. Should you have an issue with our website please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Simply browse around the product range on the website and select the goods that are right for you. The goods will then be added to your checkout page. When you have finished adding your selections, click on ‘Checkout’. You will be required to provide a few further details to complete your order including the required delivery address.
- Your order via the website constitutes an offer to purchase the goods in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You are responsible for ensuring your order is complete and accurate and the products are suitable for your requirements.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards and will also accept payment via all major Debit or Credit Cards, PayPal, Google Pay & Apple Pay. Payment is taken and processed immediately on submission of your order via Stripe. The price of the goods is in pounds sterling (£), includes VAT at the applicable rate but does not include the cost of delivering the goods. The delivery options and applicable costs will available at checkout.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will not only accept your order when we email you to confirm this and provide you with an invoice for the goods. At this point
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you.
- In the event of a price increase by our suppliers, we will contact you to ensure that the change in price is acceptable
4. Description of Goods
- The quantity and description of the goods you have ordered will be set out in the confirmation of order.
- Any drawings, photographs, specifications and advertising on our website are published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the goods. They do not form part of the contract and nor have any contractual force.
- When fine or special tolerances are required in the goods supplied beyond those generally accepted in the building trade, no liability shall attach to us unless such tolerances are notified in writing to us at the time of order and we have acknowledged in writing that we are prepared to accept the order.
- All products are cut to your specific requirements, so you are responsible for ensuring that such measurements are correct and that the products are suitable for your requirements.
- Please fully check the product suitability and lengths prior to making payment as all items are cut from longer lengths and therefore the length cannot be amended once cut and the items are non-returnable.
- Heights provided in our loading tables are for guidance only and your item may be cut from a longer length (and therefore taller profile). Please notify us prior to making your order if you have any height restrictions for your openings and we can advise any product heights accordingly prior to cutting.
5. Standard Terms of Delivery
a) Delivery of Goods
- When placing your order, you will be asked to select from our standard 1-4 working days delivery, same working day or next working day delivery.
- No delivery restrictions are assumed and any special instructions regarding access or restrictions must be notified to us in writing at time of you make your order. If such restrictions are not notified to us at the time of order then you will be liable for the costs of returning the items to our depot, and for any further re-delivery costs.
- All orders must be signed for on delivery. If a signature cannot be obtained, then the goods will be returned to our depot and re-delivery charges will apply at the same rate as the original delivery fee on your order.
- You are responsible for offloading goods from our delivery vehicles by either mechanical offload facilities or with adequate personnel available to offload. There are no mechanical offload facilities on our vehicles and the driver cannot assist with offloading goods.
- Any failed deliveries will result in the item being returned to us, and a re-delivery fee will apply for each additional attempt at the same rate as charged at the time of purchase. This re-delivery charge will need to be paid in full as well as the items being returned to us by the courier prior to us being able to arrange the re-delivery.
- Delivery shall occur on completion of delivery at the delivery location or collection of the goods by you from us.
- All dates and times we specify for delivery of the goods are an estimates only. We shall not be liable to you for any loss or damages whether direct or consequential resulting from any failure to meet such delivery dates or periods. Time for any delivery shall not be made of the essence.
- Please do not arrange to have a tradesman on site until after your goods have arrived and you have checked them (we will not pay your tradesman’s costs in the event that the goods have arrived late, been damaged in transit or are not suitable for any reason).
- If you fail to accept delivery of any goods after the first failed delivery or if we notifying you that we are unable to deliver the goods because you have not provided appropriate instructions, documents or consents we shall store the goods until delivery takes place and charge you for all related costs and expenses incurred (including insurance).
- If 10 business days after we have notified you of the failed delivery or that we are unable to delivery the goods due to missing information then we may resell or otherwise dispose of the goods and after deducting reasonable storage and selling costs, account to you for an excess over the price of the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price of the goods.
- You must inform us of any shortages or damaged items within 24 hours of delivery. Proof of this must be written on the paperwork at the time of delivery and notified to the delivery driver. We photograph all orders prior to dispatch, and these will be used to prove an item has been loaded and delivered and in good condition.
b) Standard Delivery Option (1-4 working days on a standard 3rd Party courier service)
- If ordered by 11am we will endeavour to dispatch the goods same day. We aim to deliver most items next day; however, some deliveries will take 1-4 working days. Time is not of the essence. You must be available at the delivery location during this period 8:00-17:00 each day to take delivery.
- Any failed deliveries will result in the item being returned to us, and a re-delivery fee will apply for each additional attempt at the same rate as charged at the time of purchase.
- This re-delivery charge will need to be paid in full as well as the items being returned to us by the courier prior to us being able to arrange the re-delivery.
c) Next Working Day Delivery Option
- We will confirm if your order is eligible for next working day delivery on receipt of your order. We will also provide a 3-hour delivery slot for when you can expect to receive your order. The order must be placed before 11am on the working day proceeding the delivery date otherwise the order will be processed the following working day. You must be available at the delivery location during this period 8:00-17:00 on the next working day to take delivery.
- Only those goods marked as eligible for the next working day service will be delivered via the next working day service. Any other goods on the order will be delivered via our standard delivery service.
- If a product delivered by the next working day delivery service is returned there will be no refund of the next working day delivery charge.
d) Same Working Day Delivery Option
- We will confirm your order is eligible for same working day delivery on receipt of your order. We will also provide a 3-hour delivery slot for when you can expect to receive your order. The order must be placed before 09:00am on the working day of the delivery date otherwise the order will be processed the following working day.
- Only those goods marked as eligible for the same working day service will be delivered via the same working day service.
- If a product delivered by the same working day delivery service is returned there will be no refund of the same working day delivery charge.
e) Kerbside Delivery
Kerbside delivery is standard on your order. This means your goods are not delivered to the doorstep, but onto the kerbside. The goods will be delivered to the point closest to the front door that is accessible by the vehicle carrying the goods.
f) Delivery Areas
All deliveries are available to UK mainland only excluding Ireland and parts of Scotland.
g) Standard Delivery Charge
- Collection is free for any size order from our depot: AL Lintels Weeping Ash Farm, North End Road, Yatton, north Somerset, Bristol, BS49 4AW.
- All other delivery costs will be provided at the checkout.
6. Risk & Ownership of Goods
- The risk in the goods shall pass to you on completion of delivery.
- Title shall pass to you on completion of delivery or upon full payment for the goods whichever occurs last.
7. Non-Business Customer Cancellations
- If you are a Non-Business Customer, you have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods to us.
- No made to measure goods or cut to length items or items of a bespoke finish or colour option can be cancelled or amended once ordered. These items will not be refunded.
- Subject to clause 7 above and the rights of Non-Business Customers please contact us if you wish to return any non-faulty goods. We will advise you if we are able to accept the return.
- Once we receive your order, we replenish our stock holding accordingly and therefore any accepted returns will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 40%.
- This re-stocking fee will be deducted from your refund which will be processed within 10-15 working days.
- There will be no refunds for delivery costs on your order.
- Items are cut immediately on receipt of your order to facilitate our delivery lead times. Once your item has been cut then the order cannot be cancelled or amended.
9. Our right to Terminate
- We shall be entitled to cancel or suspend a contract if you fail to pay us any sum due pursuant to the contract or any of the following events occurs or we believe is likely to occur:
- you have a bankruptcy order made against you or make an arrangement or composition with your creditors, or otherwise take a benefit for the relief of insolvent debtors; or
- you convene a meeting of creditors or enter into liquidation; or
- you have a receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed over your undertakings or any part; or
- a resolution is passed, or a petition presented to any court for your winding-up or for the granting of an administration order in your respect, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency; or
- you are unable to pay your debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or you cease to trade; or
- any other event similar to the above occurs; or
- you fail to observe or perform any of your obligations under the contract or any other contract between us and you.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order before delivery and refund to you the amount paid for the goods including any sums for delivery.
10. Quality of the Goods
- We warrant that on delivery the goods shall:
- conform to their description;
- be free from material defects in design material and workmanship.
- The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are to the fullest extent permitted by law excluded from the contract.
- Where possible we will transfer to you the benefit of any manufacturer’s warranty on delivery of the goods.
11. Goods returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect
- If you are returning any goods because of an error on our part or because it is damaged or defective, you must where possible inform us upon receipt of the delivery in writing on the delivery ticket provided by AL Lintels and notify the driver of such damage.
- We may ask for photographic evidence of such damage to be emailed to us for review. We will at our sole option either repair or replace the defective goods or refund the price paid for the defective goods in full.
- We will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the goods to you and arrange the returning of goods to us. We will also at our sole discretion either offer to replace the goods subject to stock availability or provide you with a full refund of the price paid for the goods, subject to the damaged or defective items being first returned to our depot for inspection.
- AL Lintels will check all items returned as damaged or defective. In the event we find no fault, we reserve the right to re-charge you for the item/s and to recover our fees and expenses from you.
- We shall not be liable for the goods failure to comply with clause 10 in any of the following events:
- the defect arises because you have failed to follow our oral or written instructions for the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the products or (if there are none) good trade practice regarding the same;
- you alter or repair those products without our written consent;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
- the products differ from their description as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
12. Liability to Non-Business Customers
- If we fail to comply with this contract, we are only responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of us breaching this contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made.
- Please note that this clause does not affect, your legal rights in relation to the goods if they are defective.
13. Liability to Business Customers
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other losses which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Subject to 1) above we shall not be liable for any economic, indirect or consequential losses.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all other warranties and conditions whether express or implied by common law, statute, trade practice or otherwise.
- Our liability to you in relation to this contract will be limited to the price paid by you for the goods subject to the claim.
14. Force Majeure
- Neither party shall be in breach of the contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform any of its obligations under the contract if such delay or failure results from an event, circumstance or cause beyond a party’s reasonable control.
- In such circumstances the affected party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for 2 weeks, the party not affected may terminate the contract by giving 5 business days notice to the affected party.
15. Your privacy and personal information
- The contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and undertakings between them whether written, oral, relating to the subject matter.
- No variation of this contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties.
- No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under the contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy.
- If any part of the contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest if the contract.
- The contract does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the contract.
- Our contract is governed by English law. This means that this contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law.
- If you are a Business Customer, we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the contract.
- If you are a Non-Business Customer, we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the contract. However, if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.